- 12 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 2/3 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced red radishes (about 4 large)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
How to make this recipe
- Put the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, then simmer the eggs over low heat for 10 minutes; drain. Transfer the eggs to a large bowl of ice water to chill thoroughly, then peel. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Put the yolks in a bowl and mash lightly with a fork. Set the whites on a platter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a work surface and cut 12 of them in half lengthwise. Cut the remaining shrimp into 1/3-inch dice.
- Add the diced shrimp to the egg yolks. Add the mayonnaise, radishes, parsley, capers, shallot and garlic, season with salt and pepper and stir to blend. Mound a rounded tablespoon of the filling in each egg-white half and top with a shrimp half. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
The filling and cooked egg whites can be refrigerated overnight. Stuff the eggs just before serving.
The crispness and pleasing citrusy notes of an Alsace Riesling play up the sweetness of the shrimp in the deviled eggs.