Deviled Eggs with Shrimp and Radishes
- SERVINGS: MAKES 2 DOZEN
The shrimp add a briny sweetness to the egg filling. If you can find fresh small Maine shrimp, use them whole.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 2/3 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced red radishes (about 4 large)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Put the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, then simmer the eggs over low heat for 10 minutes; drain. Transfer the eggs to a large bowl of ice water to chill thoroughly, then peel. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Put the yolks in a bowl and mash lightly with a fork. Set the whites on a platter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a work surface and cut 12 of them in half lengthwise. Cut the remaining shrimp into 1/3-inch dice.
- Add the diced shrimp to the egg yolks. Add the mayonnaise, radishes, parsley, capers, shallot and garlic, season with salt and pepper and stir to blend. Mound a rounded tablespoon of the filling in each egg-white half and top with a shrimp half. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
The crispness and pleasing citrusy notes of an Alsace Riesling play up the sweetness of the shrimp in the deviled eggs.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.