- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 cornichons, minced
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons snipped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ounce thinly sliced country ham or prosciutto, torn into 20 pieces
In a large saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 10 minutes. Transfer the eggs to an ice water bath until chilled, about 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cornichons, goat cheese, mustard, shallot and 1 teaspoon of the chives. Peel the eggs and halve them lengthwise. Add the yolks to the bowl, mix until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
Set the egg whites on a serving platter. Scrape the egg yolk mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip and pipe the filling into the whites; alternatively, spoon in the filling with a teaspoon. Top each egg with a piece of country ham, sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of chives and serve.