- 1 dozen large eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- Kosher salt
- 3 ounces crabmeat, picked over
- Caviar, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Fill a large bowl with ice water. In a large saucepan, cover the eggs with water by 1 inch and bring to a boil. Cover and remove the pan from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain the eggs and transfer to the ice water bath to cool completely.
Peel and halve the eggs lengthwise. Transfer the yolks to a medium bowl and mash with the back of a spoon. Arrange the egg whites on a platter. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, shallot, 2 tablespoons of chives, the parsley, capers, thyme, vinegar and Tabasco to the bowl with the egg yolks and whisk until smooth. Season with salt. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and fill the egg whites (or use a small spoon). Top each deviled egg with some of the crab and garnish with caviar and chives.
The cooked eggs can be refrigerated overnight.