- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 long red chiles—halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over moderate heat. Add the scallions and chiles and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and zest and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small bowl and gently mix in the crabmeat.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and lightly beat them. Whisk in the dill and season with salt and pepper.
- In two 8-inch nonstick skillets or omelet pans, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over moderate heat. Pour half of the egg mixture into each skillet. Cook, tilting the pans and drawing in the edges of the omelets with a spatula as they set to allow the uncooked eggs to seep underneath, about 5 minutes. Spoon the crab over half of each omelet. Fold the omelets over, then slide them onto plates. Cut each omelet in half, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.