© John Kernick
Deluxe Lobster and Potato Chip Rolls
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Three 1 1/4-pound live lobsters or 1 1/4 pounds cooked lobster meat
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 brioche hot dog buns
- One 4-ounce bag potato chips
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, celery, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco and the 2 tablespoons of chives; season with salt. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Bring a very large pot of water to a boil and fill a large bowl with ice water. Add the lobsters to the boiling water, head first. Cover and cook until they're bright red, about 8 minutes. Transfer the lobsters to the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain the lobsters.
- Twist off the lobster claws, knuckles and tails. Crack the claws and knuckles and remove the meat. Using kitchen scissors, cut along the underside of the tail shells and remove the meat. Discard the dark intestinal vein running lengthwise down each tail. Chop the lobster meat into 1/2-inch pieces and fold them into the dressing. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter on a large griddle or in a large skillet. Add the closed buns and toast the outsides over high heat, turning frequently, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer the buns to a platter, split the tops and fill with the lobster salad. Tuck the potato chips into the rolls, garnish with chives and serve.
Fresh, citrusy Italian Vermentino.