- 1/2 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small heirloom tomato, finely chopped and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices of bakery whole-wheat bread, toasted
How to make this recipe
Preheat the broiler with the rack 6 inches from the heat. In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the salt, pepper and toast; season with salt and pepper. Spread the cheese mixture onto the toasts and arrange on a baking sheet. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese melts. Serve with Sriracha.
Fresh, green apple–scented cava.