Deep-Dish Blueberry Pie
- ACTIVE: 40 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes one 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie
- 2 1/2 pounds blueberries (8 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- Flaky Pie Dough
- Preheat the oven to 375° and position a rack in the lower third. In a bowl, toss the blueberries with the 3/4 cup of sugar, the cornstarch, the lemon juice, the lemon zest and the salt.
- Roll out the larger piece of Flaky Pie Dough to a 13-inch round, about 1/8 inch thick. Line a 9 1/2-by-1 3/4-inch glass pie plate with the dough. Brush the overhang with water and spoon in the filling.
- Roll out the smaller piece of dough to a 12-inch round and lay it over the filling; press the edges together. Trim the overhang to 1/2 inch, fold it under itself and crimp. Lightly brush the top with water and sprinkle with sugar. Cut a few slits for steam to escape.
- Bake the pie until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown, about 2 to 2 1/4 hours. Cover the edge of the pie with foil if it begins to darken. Let cool for 5 hours at room temperature before serving.