Deep Chocolate Pudding
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Whipped cream, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the cream with the milk and the egg. In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar with the cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Add to the saucepan and bring to a boil over moderately high heat, whisking constantly. Strain the pudding into a medium bowl. Stir in the butter and chocolate until melted.
- To cool the pudding, pour it into a large glass baking dish. Press plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until chilled.
- Spoon the pudding into bowls, top with whipped cream and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.