Tangerine and Arugula Salad with Ricotta Salata and Pistachios
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This salad can also be made with oranges or clementines, and the dry salty cheese is great with the juicy dressing.
- 3 tangerines
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7 ounces baby arugula (8 cups)
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup salted and roasted pistachios
- 2 ounces ricotta salata cheese
- Using a sharp knife, peel the tangerines, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a small bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into the bowl and discard the membranes. Transfer the tangerine sections to a large bowl, reserving 1/4 cup of the tangerine juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk the 1/4 cup of tangerine juice with the sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the arugula, onion and pistachios to the bowl with the tangerine sections and toss. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the ricotta salata over the top. Season the salad with salt and pepper and toss with 1/3 cup of the dressing. Serve, passing the remaining dressing at the table.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.