© Lucy Schaeffer
Spicy and Smoky Guacamole
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
A pickled jalapeño makes this guacamole slightly tangy.
Fast Hors d'Oeuvres
- 3 Hass avocadospeeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 small chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1 pickled jalapeño, seeded and minced, plus 1 teaspoon brine from the jar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix the avocado with the tomato, onion, chipotle, jalapeño, jalapeño brine, garlic and lemon juice until well mixed but still chunky. Season with salt and serve with tortilla chips.