- 6 ounces pancetta, thickly sliced and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One 1 1/2-pound head of red cabbage-quartered, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
How to make this recipe
In a large, deep skillet, combine the pancetta, onion and 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the pancetta is browned and the onion is translucent, about 7 minutes. Stir in the red cabbage, cover and cook until the cabbage is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the sherry vinegar and parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.