Â© Lucy Schaeffer
Pan-Fried Pork Chops with Cranberry Relish
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
This sweet and tangy sauce is lightly spicy from serrano chiles and super easy to make.
- 2 cups frozen cranberries (8 ounces), thawed
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Four 5-ounce bone-in pork loin chops
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a food processor, puree the cranberries with the serrano chile, sugar, orange juice, orange zest and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, add them to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to a plate and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the cranberry relish to the skillet and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until hot, about 2 minutes. Add any pork juices to the relish and stir in the cilantro. Transfer the pork chops to plates and serve with the cranberry relish.