- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and boil just until bright green, about 4 minutes. Drain well and wipe the skillet dry.
- Add the olive oil and garlic to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat just until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add the broccoli, season with salt and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes longer. Season with crushed red pepper and serve.