© Lucy Schaeffer
Baked Tofu Sandwiches with Asian Slaw
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Use pre-shredded cabbage to make these crunchy vegetarian sandwiches even more quickly.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha chile sauce
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- One 18-inch baguette, split lengthwise
- Two 8-ounce packages plain or sesame-flavored baked tofu, sliced
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and Sriracha. Add the cabbage and toss well.
- Scoop out some of the soft bread from the top half of the baguette. Fill the top with the slaw and arrange the tofu on top. Close the sandwich, cut into 4 pieces and serve.