- 2 1/2 pounds fresh spinach, stems trimmed
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add the spinach by the handful and cook until wilted, 1 minute. Drain and let cool slightly, then squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Coarsely chop the spinach.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the feta, 1/4 cup each of the Pecorino and Parmesan and a generous pinch of pepper. Stir in the spinach. Pour the mixture into a shallow, buttered 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons each of Pecorino and Parmesan on top. Drizzle the oil over the pie and bake for about 40 minutes, or until golden and sizzling. Let cool for 10 minutes then serve.
The baked pie can be refrigerated overnight; reheat before serving.