- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons instant dashi
- 4 cups water
- 12 sea scallops, sliced into thirds
- 4 ounces mesclun
- In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice, wasabi paste and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, bring the dashi and water to a simmer. Add the scallops and poach just until opaque, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Transfer the scallops to a bowl and toss with half of the dressing.
- Add the greens to the dressing in the large bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the scallops on plates, top with the greens and serve.
Ripe, tropical South African Sauvignon Blanc.