Dashi-Poached Scallop Salad with Wasabi Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way David Myers serves raw diver scallops with yuzu, fresh wasabi and dashi gelée.
Easy Way Home cooks can poach thinly sliced scallops in an easy dashi broth, a Japanese stock made with bonito (tuna) flakes and seaweed. Dressed with lemon juice and wasabi and topped with greens, the poached scallops become a satisfying first course.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons instant dashi
- 4 cups water
- 12 sea scallops, sliced into thirds
- 4 ounces mesclun
- In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice, wasabi paste and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, bring the dashi and water to a simmer. Add the scallops and poach just until opaque, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Transfer the scallops to a bowl and toss with half of the dressing.
- Add the greens to the dressing in the large bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the scallops on plates, top with the greens and serve.
Ripe, tropical South African Sauvignon Blanc.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.