- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 2 Thai chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 Kirby or Persian cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces green beans, thinly sliced on the diagonal (1 cup)
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces outer escarole leaves, chopped (10 cups)
- 2 cups chopped mixed herbs, such as cilantro and basil
How to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chiles. Add the cucumber, carrots and green beans and season with salt and pepper; mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add the escarole and herbs, season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.