Dark-Chocolate Frosting Shots
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 1/2 cups or 40 shots
The quick fix of the moment comes in the form of a little paper cup of frosting. For only 75 cents, Sprinkles Cupcakes (as well as other bakeshops like BabyCakes in New York City) is selling frosting shots in all of their shops around the country. Customers pick a flavor (dark chocolate and cream cheese are the most popular) and get a quick sugar fix without committing to an entire cupcake.
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate at high power in 10-second intervals until just melted. Let stand until cooled to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- In a standing electric mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter with the salt at medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. At low speed, beat in the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, then beat in the vanilla. Add the cooled chocolate and beat at medium speed until fully incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed. Scrape the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and fill small paper cups with 1 tablespoon of the frosting; serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.