Dark-Chocolate Cremoso with Cornflakes and Fresh Fruit
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN plus 4 hr chilling
- SERVINGS: 6
Denser than chocolate mousse, this ganache-like cremoso is great for entertaining because it can be made in advance. Plus, the fruit salad and clever cornflake garnish take very little time to prepare.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (70 percent), finely chopped
- 1 kiwi, finely diced
- 5 strawberries, finely diced
- 1 Bosc pear, finely diced
- 3/4 cup cornflakes, finely crushed
- In a saucepan, whisk the milk, egg yolks, cream and sugar. Whisking constantly, bring the mixture just to a simmer over moderate heat, then reduce the heat to moderately low and cook until thickened, 15 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the chocolate until melted.
- Pour the mixture into a heatproof bowl and let cool slightly. Press a sheet of plastic wrap onto the surface of the cremoso and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until chilled and set.
- In a medium bowl, toss the kiwi, strawberries and pear. Spoon the fruit onto plates and mound the cereal alongside. Scoop the cremoso on top of the fruit and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.