- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 racks baby back ribs (3 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups ginger beer (16 ounces)
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a small bowl, mix the salt with the black pepper, crushed red pepper and granulated sugar. On a large rimmed baking sheet, rub the seasoned salt all over the ribs and let stand for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300°. In a large roasting pan, mix the ginger beer with the rum, brown sugar and soy sauce. Add the ribs and cover the pan tightly with foil. Braise the ribs in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until tender; turn the ribs halfway through cooking.
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Transfer the ribs to a cutting board; reserve the cooking liquid. Cut the racks into individual ribs. Grill the ribs over moderately high heat or broil them, turning, until lightly charred on all sides, about 3 minutes. Dip the ribs in the reserved cooking liquid, transfer to a platter and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.