- Vegetable oil, for frying
- One 32-ounce package frozen Tater Tots
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 plum tomatohalved, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 inch of vegetable oil to 400°. Working in batches, fry the Tater Tots, stirring once or twice, until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain and season with salt.
Preheat the broiler. Pile the fried Tater Tots on an ovenproof serving plate and sprinkle with the cheese. Broil 2 inches from the heat for about 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted. Spoon the guacamole and sour cream over the Tater Tots, sprinkle with the bacon, tomato and jalapeño and serve.