- 1 pound young dandelion greens or chicory, torn into bite-size pieces
- 5 ounces sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch strips
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thickly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons aged sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
How to make this recipe
Put the dandelion greens in a heatproof bowl. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a plate. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add the mushrooms to the bacon. Add the vinegar to the skillet and bring to a boil. Add the cream and boil for 1 minute. Pour the boiling vinaigrette over the dandelions greens. Add the mushrooms and bacon and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve immediately.