- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup thin matchsticks of fresh ginger
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1 1/4 cups unseasoned rice vinegar (4.3 percent acidity)
- Pack vegetables into 2 clean 1-quart glass jars. In another jar, combine the salt, sugar, ginger, garlic, curry powder and rice vinegar. Shake until the salt and sugar dissolve. Add 2 cups of water and pour the brine over the vegetables. Add enough water to cover the vegetables and keep them submerged. Close the jars and refrigerate overnight or for up to 1 month.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.