- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
This quick guacamole gets a boost of flavor (and a distinctive color) from the addition of delicious curried onions and a little soy sauce.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, or to taste
- 3 large ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and scooped out
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil and then stir in the onions, garlic, and sesame seeds. Cook until lightly brown and soft, about 2 minutes and then remove from heat. Stir in the curry powder.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until it is nearly at your desired consistency. Stir in the curry-onion mixture, lime juice, soy sauce, cilantro and pepper. Season with additional salt if desired.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes. Serve immediately or else press a piece of plastic wrap flush into the top of the guacamole, refrigerate and serve preferably within 24 hours.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.