© Ben Dearly
Curry-Glazed Beef Tenderloins
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR Plus overnight marinating
- SERVINGS: 16 to 18
- 1 1/4 cups mushroom soy sauce or tamari
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- Two 4-pound trimmed beef tenderloin roasts, each halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl, whisk the mushroom soy sauce with the honey and curry powder. Score the top and bottom of the beef tenderloins in a crosshatch pattern about 1/2 inch deep. Transfer the tenderloins to 2 large resealable plastic bags and pour in the marinade. Turn the tenderloins to coat with the marinade, seal the bags and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Transfer the tenderloins and the marinade to a large rimmed baking sheet. Rub the tops of the tenderloins with the vegetable oil. Roast the tenderloins in the upper third of the oven, basting every 8 to 10 minutes, for about 30 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the roasts registers 125° for medium-rare. Transfer the tenderloins to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice the tenderloins and serve warm or at room temperature.