- 2 pounds bone-in chicken drumsticks or thighs, with skin
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Minced cilantro, for garnish (optional)
How to make this recipe
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Set aside.
Whisk together the salt, curry, red-pepper flakes and black pepper. Rub the chicken with the spice mixture.
In large bowl, beat the eggs. In another large bowl, whisk together the flour and spice mixture.
Dredge the chicken in egg and then dredge in the flour mixture. Shake off any excess flour. Set the coated pieces aside and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Fill a large pan or Dutch oven with about 1 inch of oil and heat to 375°.
Working in small batches, gently place the chicken in the hot oil and fry on both sides until crispy and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes on each side. Garnish with cilantro if desired and serve.