- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
In a medium skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Scrape the mixture into a food processor. Add the yogurt, coconut milk, honey, lime zest and juice, garlic and cayenne and puree until nearly smooth. Scrape into a bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
The dipping sauce can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.