© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Curry Chicken and Cabbage Soup with Coconut Milk
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Creamy coconut milk and curry powder tie together the great flavors in this Asian-inspired chicken and cabbage soup.
Slideshow: Asian Soup Recipes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 6 cups loosely packed shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shelled, pre-cooked soy beans
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder and cooked chicken. Bring to a gentle boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the cabbage and soy beans and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with cilantro and serve hot.