Curried Yogurt Marinade
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
This spicy, smoky-flavored marinade tenderizes poultry and meat while contributing a subtle curry flavor.
- 1 dried ancho chile
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, cover the ancho chile with hot water. Let soak until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain the chile, reserving 2 tablespoons of the soaking liquid. Halve, stem and seed the ancho.
- In a blender, combine the garlic and ancho and blend until finely chopped. Add the curry powder, oil and the reserved ancho soaking liquid and blend until smooth. Blend in the yogurt. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the onion.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.