- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into a 1-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- One 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp, tails on
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanuts, for garnish
- 1/4 cup cilantro or mint leaves, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a large wok, cover the sweet potatoes with water until submerged. Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until barely tender, 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid, and set aside.
- Pat the wok dry and heat the oil. Stir-fry the onion and scallions until beginning to brown, 4 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic and curry paste. Cook 1 minute more. Stir in the shrimp and stir-fry until pink and curled, 3 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes, reserved liquid, lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until the sauce has reduced slightly and the sweet potatoes are fork-tender, 3 minutes. Garnish with the peanuts and herbs.