- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 4 cups water
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Indian curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring the quinoa, onion, water and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the quinoa has fully absorbed the water, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Whisk together the canola oil, curry powder, coriander, garlic powder, sumac, 1 teaspoon of salt and the pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower in the olive oil. When the cauliflower is coated, add the spice mixture and toss again. Arrange the seasoned cauliflower on a large baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until browned and tender. Let the cauliflower cool for five minutes, then toss with the cooked quinoa and serve.
The cauliflower can be roasted and refrigerated the day before.