- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Two 1-pound pork tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, combine the bay leaf, coriander, cumin, mustard powder, curry powder, cayenne, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. Rub the spice mix all over the pork and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 450°.In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil. Season the pork with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, turning, until golden brown, 2 minutes. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 135°. Transfer the pork to a plate; let rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
Slice the pork crosswise 1/2 inch thick. Serve with the yogurt sauce.
Pair this pork dish with a cherry-rich Oregon Pinot Noir.