Curried Pepper Relish
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1 Anaheim chile or 1 small green bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1/2 to 1 whole small red chile, minced
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small dry skillet, toast the curry powder over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the olive oil and remove from the heat.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Scrape the curry oil into the relish and stir it in.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.