- 3 pounds slender carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds slender parsnips, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons Banyuls vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large roasting pan, toss the carrots and parsnips with 1/4 cup of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes, stirring a few times, until tender and lightly caramelized in spots. Remove from the oven. Spread the pine nuts in a pie plate and toast for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- In a bowl, whisk the vinegar and curry powder; whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of oil. Add the roasted vegetables, pine nuts, currants and parsley; season with salt and pepper and toss well. Serve warm.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 1 one day ahead; refrigerate the vegetables and store the pine nuts at room temperature.