- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces stir-fry rice noodles
- 3/4 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup each chopped basil and cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
In a 9-by-9-inch baking dish, mix the boiling water, curry powder and a pinch of salt. Add the noodles. Let stand until softened, 20 minutes. Drain.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering. Add the shrimp and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Wipe out the saucepan. Heat the remaining oil in it. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry over moderately high heat until softened, 2 minutes. Add the noodles, shrimp, lime juice and soy and stir-fry until hot, about 3 minutes. Fold in the herbs, scallions and serrano. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with herbs; serve with lime.