Curried Mixed Vegetables
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 long red chiles, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, very coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame (soybeans)
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 4 whole-wheat pocketless pitas, warmed
- In a medium bowl, toss the diced carrots, potato, zucchini and onions with the chiles, ground coriander and ground turmeric. .
- In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the ginger and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add the seasoned vegetables and cook over moderately high heat until they just start to brown around the edges, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and half of the cilantro, cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the edamame and cook for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the yogurt and lemon juice and season with salt. Transfer the vegetables to bowls, garnish with the remaining cilantro and serve with the warmed pitas.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.