- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 12 Tuscan kale leaves, finely shredded
- 1/2 small head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a colander, rinse the onion in cold water for 1 minute. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with the cabbage, bell peppers and onion.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 1 minute. Add the curry powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute; be careful not to burn it. Whisk in the vinegar and lemon juice and remove from the heat. Season the dressing with salt and pepper and pour it over the vegetables. Toss well. Cover the slaw and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Season with salt and pepper and serve chilled.
One Serving 169 calories, 10.3 gm total fat, 1.5 gm saturated fat, 19 gm carb.