- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 pound dried pear halves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 Granny Smith apple—peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch dice
How to make this recipe
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Pour 1/4 cup of the water into a glass measuring cup, add the cranberries and let soak until softened, about 10 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, add the dried pear halves to the saucepan, cover and let soak until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pear halves and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Add the brown sugar and curry powder to the saucepan and simmer over moderate heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the apple and simmer over moderate heat until tender, about 4 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree 1/4 cup of the pears with 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Stir the pear puree back into the saucepan. Add the cranberries and the remaining pears and serve the compote warm or at room temperature.
The compote can be refrigerated for 2 days.
One Serving: Calories 147 kcal, Total Fat 0.3 gm, Saturated Fat 0 gm.
Pork, turkey or angel food cake.