Curried Duck and Mango Sandwiches
- SERVINGS: 4
Make your way to a Chinese market to buy a succulent cooked Peking duck for Shelton's sweet-and-spicy sandwiches. Alternatively, substitute four sautéed duck breast halves.
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 whole Peking duck, skin removed, meat sliced
- 4 scallions, white and tender green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe mango, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 ripe Bartlett or Anjou pear, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 8 slices raisin-walnut bread
- In a bowl, combine the coconut milk, honey, ginger, lime juice and curry paste. Season with salt. Add the sliced duck and scallions and mix well. Fold in the mango and pear just until combined. Spoon the salad onto the bread and serve.
A ripe, fat California Chardonnay would echo the richness of the roasted duck and sweet fruit and ameliorate the bite of the scallions and curry paste.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.