Curried Coconut Yogurt Dip
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
Serve this cooling dip with vegetables, shrimp, chicken wings or, Grace Parisi's favorite, fried pappadums, the thin Indian crackers made from lentil flour.
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut (See Note)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh habanero or Scotch bonnet chile
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 medium scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter and set it over a bowl; spoon in the yogurt and let drain in the refrigerator until thickened, about 3 hours. Discard the liquid.
- In a small skillet, toast the shredded coconut over high heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the thickened yogurt, coconut milk, lime juice, habanero and curry powder. Stir in the scallion and cilantro and garnish with the toasted coconut.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.