- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut (See Note)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh habanero or Scotch bonnet chile
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 medium scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
How to make this recipe
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter and set it over a bowl; spoon in the yogurt and let drain in the refrigerator until thickened, about 3 hours. Discard the liquid.
- In a small skillet, toast the shredded coconut over high heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the thickened yogurt, coconut milk, lime juice, habanero and curry powder. Stir in the scallion and cilantro and garnish with the toasted coconut.
The dip can be refrigerated for up to 3 days; leave the toasted coconut out at room temperature. Let the dip return to room temperature before serving.