- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped prunes
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 small Granny Smith apple—halved, cored and chopped
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the carrots with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender. Let cool to room temperature. While the carrots are roasting, spread the walnuts on a pie plate and toast for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden.
In a large bowl, mix the yogurt with the honey, cumin, curry powder, turmeric, cardamom and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Fold in the shredded chicken, carrots, walnuts, prunes, apricots and apple and season with salt and pepper.
The chicken salad can be refrigerated for 2 days.
Vibrant, medium-bodied Grüner Veltliner.