Curried-Chicken and Vegetable Pan Roast
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
"Chicken might be my overall favorite meat for feeding a crowd," Kristin Kimball says. She sometimes roasts it with Indian spices she picks up on her biannual trips to Manhattanlike the curry in this one-pan recipe of yogurt-marinated chicken with butternut squash and brussels sprouts.
- 2 pounds butternut squash in 1-inch cubes (from one 2 1/2-pound squash)
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 large red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Warm naan, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450° and position racks in the upper and middle thirds. In a very large bowl, toss the butternut squash with the brussels sprouts, onion wedges and 1/2 cup of the canola oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on 2 large, sturdy rimmed baking sheets.
- In the same bowl, combine the cup of yogurt with the ginger, garlic, curry powder and the remaining 1/2 cup of oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss until thoroughly coated. Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables. Roast for about 40 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until the vegetables are nearly tender and the chicken is nearly cooked through. Pour off any accumulated liquid in the pans and roast for about 20 minutes longer, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is lightly browned. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a platter and serve with warm naan and yogurt.
Lush, full-bodied Chardonnay.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.