© Roy Zipstein
Curried Chicken and Red Pepper Kebabs
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes. Thread the chicken, alternating with the bell peppers, onto the skewers. Transfer to a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the olive oil and curry powder. Pour the marinade over the kebabs and let marinate for 10 minutes or for up to 1 hour, turning several times.
- Meanwhile, light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the kebabs over moderately high heat until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove from the grill, brush with the melted butter and serve.