Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes
- SERVINGS: 6-8
- 3/4 pound all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- One 3-pound head of cauliflower, cut into 1 1/2-inch florets
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon. Add the cauliflower and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large nonreactive skillet, melt the butter in the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes longer.
- Add the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 cup of water. Cook, scraping up the bottom, until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes; serve.
Serve With Serve with roast leg of lamb or chickenroasted, braised, or grilled.