- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 6 cups sliced red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to make this recipe
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the onions. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the onions are soft.
Add the garlic, cabbage and carrots and stir occasionally until the cabbage is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the soy sauce, sesame seed oil and curry powder. Cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Toss with cashews and cilantro and serve warm.