Curried Apricot-and-Tomato Ketchup
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN Plus 20 min cooling
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 2/3 cups
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1 large tomatopeeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the apricots, tomato, cider vinegar, water, sugar and curry powder. Simmer over moderately low heat until the apricots are soft, about 15 minutes. Scrape the contents of the saucepan into a blender and puree until smooth. Season the ketchup with salt and transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until cool, about 20 minutes. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.