- 1 pound lasagnette noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce pancetta, sliced tk inch thick and finely chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons vin santo
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 8 fresh Black Mission figs, stemmed and quartered
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the lasagnette until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Wipe out the pot.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the panÂcetta and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden but not crisp, about 2 minutes. Add the shallot, garlic and rosemary and cook for 2 minutes.
Return the pasta and pasta water to the pot. Add the pancetta mixture, butter and vin santo and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the sauce thickens and coats the pasta, about 2 minutes. Discard the rosemary sprig. Stir in the figs and garnish with pepper and grated cheese.
Fragrant white from Antoine Arena in Corsica's Patrimonio region.