Cured Salmon with Peppercorns
- SERVINGS: 10
Cured fish is a typical Ligurian antipasto; this version gets its tang from lemon juice and white wine. Use the freshest best-quality salmon here.
- 1 1/2 pound skinless center-cut salmon fillet
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon brined green or pink peppercorns
- Fine sea salt
- Using a very sharp thin-bladed knife, cut the salmon fillet straight down across the grain into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and wine. Arrange the salmon slices on a glass or ceramic platter and pour the lemon mixture on top. Refrigerate for 45 minutes. Pour off the liquid and pat the salmon dry. Drizzle the the oil over the salmon, scatter the peppercorns on top and season with salt.
Make AheadThe salmon can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.