- One 4 1/2- to 5-pound butterflied boneless leg of lamb
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 9 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Corn tortillas, avocado, cilantro sprigs and lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
On a baking sheet, lay out the lamb. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the oil, garlic, cumin, crushed red pepper, black pepper, salt and 1/4 cup of the orange juice and rub all over the lamb. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the oven to 450°. Lay the lamb on a rack set over a baking sheet and let stand for 30 minutes. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, basting occasionally with the remaining 1/4 cup of orange juice, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the meat registers 130° for medium-rare. Let rest for 15 minutes.
Thinly slice the lamb and serve with corn tortillas, avocado, cilantro and lime.
Spicy Australian red.